A year ago I wrote my 100th post and set some goals for 2007. I am now typing my 380th post to review those goals and set some more.
- I aimed to have 100 heroes and journeys on the main website. There are 128.
- I wanted to have a minimum of 100 readers per day on the blog. Apart from the holiday period I haven’t had a day below 100 for many months. The highest day was 320 on November 14th.
- I hoped for one camp presentation of the Hero Workshop. I had two.
- I planned to present to 10 classrooms. I visited 11. I also presented at a drug education camp to 100 students and two Girl Scout troops.
Typing that makes me happy. There were certainly times during the year where my enthusiasm waned. There were plenty of things that brought it back though. Beginning the relationship with Zeno Franco and Phil Zimbardo was one. Meeting with Jason Fawcett to brainstorm the curriculum idea was another. Working with Steve and Kit always got me excited. Discussing ideas with Karen did as well. And there’s nothing like getting a comment on a post to make me feel like I’m doing something worthwhile. I have to thank Whitney for doing that regularly.
Now onto 2008. This post will undoubtedly help keep me on task.
- 300 heroes on the website.
- 200 visitors to the blog each day.
- Presenting to 110 classrooms/Girl Scout troops.
- Selling five copies of the Hero Curriculum.
So thanks again for reading. Feel free to ask me where I am on the goals during the year.
P.S. – It was silly of me to think I would be able to get two lesson plans out during the holiday period. When Karen goes back to school I will have the final two posted poste haste.