I’m on the road at the moment on vacation, but just read this great list at execpundit.com. I’ve been talking about doing the little things and that was reinforced in the paper by Phil Zimbardo and Zeno Franco. I am going to be talking more about it over the next week and have an idea growing that was provided by my friend, Chris. Stay tuned for more on that.
Have a look at this list though and see which level you think you’re at on a daily basis with heroic actions.
- Working actively to harm.
- Doing nothing.
- Doing nothing and pretending that something has been done.
- Doing nothing but acknowledging that something needs to be done.
- Doing nothing but committed to doing something when inspiration strikes.
- Planning on doing something but actually doing nothing.
- Forming committees to study the subject but then doing nothing.
- Knowing what should be done but doing nothing until conditions are ripe.
- Doing some small thing and then stopping.
- Doing a small thing, then doing another small thing.
- Doing a bunch of small things but not the right things.
- Doing the right things and advancing toward the goal.
- Doing all – or most – of the right things and achieving the goal.
- Having the motivation and skill to move one’s self and others to do the right things and achieve the goal.